The history of Boucheron watches

Boucheron watches

The house of Boucheron was founded in 1858 by Frédéric Boucheron, known as the ‘the jeweller of time’, and was the first to open a shop on Place Vendôme in 1893.

Boucheron was innovative and stood out from the start for his use of precious stones in his designs and his skills in diamond cutting.

In 1867, Boucheron was spotted by the jury at the 'Exposition Universelle’ for his ‘Chatelaine’ watch, a timepiece on a pendant.

Boucheron introduced the wristwatch for women in 1880 and it became his speciality.

In 1947, the mythical Boucheron watch, the Reflet, appeared. It was a huge success and was later reissued.

Boucheron entered into a partnership with Girard-Perregaux for the design of its luxury watches. The brand continues to widen its range and has added fine watch-making to its product innovations.

Today, Boucheron has a worldwide presence and is one of the most prestigious watch makers.

Are you looking for a particular item?
Get an alert as soon as it's available.
Set up an alert